It's wrong for someone to confiscate your money, give it to someone else, and call that "compassion." – Harry Browne
Kennard Prize Terms & Conditions
(1) The 2012 runs from August 22, 2012 to November 15, 2012. All entries are to be digitally submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 11:59pm (according to the time zone of Melbourne, Australia) on November 15, 2012.
(2) Submitted essays must be the contestant's original creation!
(3) You may submit only one entry.
(4) You must be under 30 years of age.
(5) All essays should be no longer than 1500 words (not including footnotes).
(6) By entering a submission, all contestants hereby agree that they have read, understood and accept these Essay Contest Terms & Conditions.
(7) Essays must be in English.
(8) The Essay Contest will be judged by Sukrit Sabhlok, John Humphreys and Andrew Dahdal and/or judges appointed by Liberty Australia. If the judges decide that no entry is of a high enough quality to merit awarding a Grand Prize or Honorable Mention, then no winner will be announced.
(9) All entrants retain the copyright rights that they have in the essays they submit, but by entering this Contest each contestant consents to the use of his/her name, and/or essay or parts thereof in any merchandise, advertisements, educational materials or publicity carried out or produced by Liberty Australia and its advertising and promotional agencies without further notice or compensation. Liberty Australia can publish or decline to publish, or use or decline to use, any submitted essays at Liberty Australia's sole discretion.
(10) Prizes are as follows:
The Grand Prize Winner will receive an expenses paid trip to the Mises Seminar 2012 in Sydney during December 1-2. The Winner will receive reasonable accomodation, food and travel costs. They will also have their registation fee for the conference covered. The exact compensation and the manner in which it is provided is at the discretion of Liberty Australia.
If the judges decide to select Honorable Mentions they will receive a copy of the Mises Seminar 2011 DVD.
Contest winners will also be acknowledged on the Liberty Australia website.
(11) The Contest Sponsor's rulings are final and without appeal in all matters related to this Contest and the awarding of the Prizes. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations.
(12) Your Work may be edited or adapted at any time by the Promoter in order to: (i) ensure your Work meets any legal or classification requirements or to avoid any breach of law;
(ii) use your Work for promotional purposes; and/or
(iii) use your Work on other Liberty Australia media platforms.