(1) The 2012 runs from August 22, 2012 to November 15, 2012. All entries are to be digitally submitted to email@example.com no later than 11:59pm (according to the time zone of Melbourne, Australia) on November 15, 2012.
(2) Submitted essays must be the contestant's original creation!
(3) You may submit only one entry.
(4) You must be under 30 years of age.
(5) All essays should be no longer than 1500 words (not including footnotes).
(6) By entering a submission, all contestants hereby agree that they have read, understood and accept these Essay Contest Terms & Conditions.
(7) Essays must be in English.
(8) The Essay Contest will be judged by Sukrit Sabhlok, John Humphreys and Andrew Dahdal and/or judges appointed by Liberty Australia. If the judges decide that no entry is of a high enough quality to merit awarding a Grand Prize or Honorable Mention, then no winner will be announced.
(9) All entrants retain the copyright rights that they have in the essays they submit, but by entering this Contest each contestant consents to the use of his/her name, and/or essay or parts thereof in any merchandise, advertisements, educational materials or publicity carried out or produced by Liberty Australia and its advertising and promotional agencies without further notice or compensation. Liberty Australia can publish or decline to publish, or use or decline to use, any submitted essays at Liberty Australia's sole discretion.
(10) Prizes are as follows:
The Grand Prize Winner will receive an expenses paid trip to the Mises Seminar 2012 in Sydney during December 1-2. The Winner will receive reasonable accomodation, food and travel costs. They will also have their registation fee for the conference covered. The exact compensation and the manner in which it is provided is at the discretion of Liberty Australia.
If the judges decide to select Honorable Mentions they will receive a copy of the Mises Seminar 2011 DVD.
Contest winners will also be acknowledged on the Liberty Australia website.
(11) The Contest Sponsor's rulings are final and without appeal in all matters related to this Contest and the awarding of the Prizes. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations.
(12) Your Work may be edited or adapted at any time by the Promoter in order to: (i) ensure your Work meets any legal or classification requirements or to avoid any breach of law;
(ii) use your Work for promotional purposes; and/or
(iii) use your Work on other Liberty Australia media platforms.
(13) Contest Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies assume no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, illegible, incomplete, postage-due, garbled or misdirected entries or entries that have been submitted through illicit means, or do not conform to or satisfy the Contest Rules or for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any entry to be received or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the contest.
(14) If you enter, you may be added to Liberty Australiaâ€™s email marketing list. Liberty Australia does not sell or rent email addresses. The Contest Sponsor will not share any personal data about entrants with any other party.
(15) By entering this Contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Contest Sponsor and their respective employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives, successors, assigns, advertising and promotional agencies from any liability for any loss or damage of any kind to the entrant or any other person in connection with this Contest or participation in any Contest related activities, including but not limited to the use or misuse of a prize or any portion of a prize including personal injury, death or property damage.
(16) The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, cancel or suspend this Contest should an external circumstances arise which are beyond the reasonable control of the Contest Sponsor. The Contest Sponsor is not responsible for any errors or omissions in printing or advertising this Contest. This Contest will run in accordance with these Contest Rules, subject to amendment by the Contest Sponsor. Contest Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, amend, modify or terminate this Contest or the Rules at any time in its sole discretion and without notice.